A chronicle of our lives. One day, maybe a book...

Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Basketball Game

Today was Mikayla's first basketball game ever. They play six minute running-clock quarters, and she played the second and fourth quarters. I say play, but I really mean that she walked up and down the court wondering what was going on. SuSu, Daddy Pat, Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle ROss were all there to see her play. She didn't want to get out on the court, so I had to bribe her with jelly beans and lollipops to get out on the court. I videotaped the whole thing, so I will be able to look back and laugh. Hopefully, she will too. It's a 3 and 4 year-old league, but there is a marked difference in the 3 year olds and the 4 year olds. The 3 year olds don't really want to be there, their parents pushing them onto the court. They are shy, and rarely do they know what to do, even when told. The 4 year olds are trying to dribble, steal the ball and shoot. I'm in hopes that Mikayla will blossom this year! If she doesn't, it's ok, I have many years to mold her into a star! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment