A chronicle of our lives. One day, maybe a book...

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Precious Moments

Just a couple things that have happened recently that I don't ever want to forget about. It's all quite random, so sorry!

Macey is now fully potty trained! Hallelujah! She went back and forth about whether she was a baby or a big girl. The Pappi Fairy came last weekend to take away her pappies. She was quite traumatized by the entire ordeal. Prior to that night, she would break down into tears every time we would mention the Pappi Fairy. When she finally came, Macey only cried for two nights and a little during the day about it. She's fine now, and she hasn't even asked for a pappi!

Adam was reading to Mikayla last night at bedtime, and he asked her, "How many days are there until Christmas?" Mikayla replied, "by my calculations, three!"

Last night, Macey was so tired because she hadn't had a nap. At about 8, she came and wanted to sit in my lap. She curled up on me and fell right to sleep. She hasn't slept in my arms since she was an infant. She has always wanted to sleep in her bed. It was so sweet, and I want to cherish it always.

"Mommy! Did you know that there are some people who don't believe that Christmas is Jesus' birthday?!" Mikayla said to me in the car the other day. I smiled, and said that I did indeed know that. She then said, "Yeah. They believe in Pocahontas." After thinking about it for a while and laughing, I realized that she meant "Hanukah." I thought it was the cutest mistake ever!

The other day, Macey cupped my face her hands and kissed me. Then she said, "Yuv you, Momma." She is the sweetest little thing in the world.

Adam was reading to Mikayla last night at bedtime, and he asked her, "How many days are there until Christmas?" Mikayla replied, "by my calculations, three!"

Today, we were at Academy getting some last minute Christmas gifts. We went to the bathroom, and the soap dispensers weren't working. I set Macey down, and I was about to fish out my hand sanitizer, when Mikayla said, "Hold on! Let me go tell the owners." If I hadn't have stopped her, she would have gone!

Mikayla has also decided that she has a boyfriend. Not that he has asked her to be his girlfriend, or that she is allowed to have one. There's a little boy in her class named Emerson, and he and Mikayla are good friends. They are reading parnters in class, and he can read chapter books already. They hang out all the time at school. Emerson lives just around the corner from us; his parents went to Hardin-Simmons in Abilene; his mom is an English teacher, and they go to Gateway to church. Mikayla has said several times that she is going to marrry Emerson, which I think is pretty cute. We'll see.

I was sitting on the couch today, and Macey comes to crawl up on me, and she says, "Mommy, you best my friend." She is so sweet, she just melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment