A chronicle of our lives. One day, maybe a book...

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Love You"

Some moments in life touch you so deeply, that you never want to forget them, so they must be recorded on paper to preserve the memory forever. Tonight, Mikayla and I brought Chicken Express home for dinner. Tomorrow is Adam's first day at his new job, and he has to be in Weatherford at 4:00 a.m., so he went to spend the night at his mom's house, so it was just Mikayla and me.

Family Guy was on TV, because she loves anything animated, and Family Guy is about the only thing I can stand that's animated. Whenever Mikayla starts to get fidgety and I get on to her about it, she will always say, "Kisses!" and want me to give her kisses, always followed by a "Hug!" so that she can get a big hug. Sometimes the "hug" will be followed by a "Skeeze," meaning to squeeze tightly with the hug.

Tonight, like any other night, she was getting up when she should be sitting down. I told her to sit down, but instead she went to the ottoman and tired to lay across it on her belly. She said, "Kisses! Reach!" because she couldn't reach me from where she was. I told her to come around to give me kisses. She came around the coffee table and gave me kisses, the a "Hug!" followed. Then, she said, "love you!" I couldn't believe it! It brought tears to my eyes! I told her I loved her too, and that I would always remember this night!

No comments:

Post a Comment